What this introduction covers:
- Some points to note for the lessons over the next few days
- Why we are going to ignore a lot of 'jargon' and technical speak!
- How to access the VBA part of Excel (the code editor!)
What you'll learn in today's lesson:
- Learn using my side by side method which will make it very easy to learn
- How Excel makes it easier for us to do VBA
- The two ways to automatically put info into cells
- How to copy and paste with VBA code
What this lesson covers;
- Formatting the VBA is crucial to automating reports where you need to make sure they look right otherwise you can waste time 'fixing' them
- We will look at Controlling Fonts, Set Column Widths, Colouring & Clearing Cells
Your step by step approach is excellent. Two days in the course and I feel I've learnt more with you in 2-3 hours than I have throughout my university education. Your real life examples really help in understanding!
I often use VBA to save lots of time, in fact I once turned a 100 hour Process involving lots of reporting and analysis down to... wait for it... 30 seconds! 30 SECONDS! That kind of productivity makes you very marketable, - if you know how to 'SELL' yourself. Today's career lesson is on... productivity! And I'm sharing some of my BEST insights.